Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Today's The Day

AngeliArndt
Celebrate Change limited edition print by AngeliArndt


I'm not going to say a lot about the whole design + Obama thing, as plenty of other people have already posted much more eloquent points than I think I could squeeze into the last bit of my lunch hour (see below). But it has really struck me how everyone seems to be getting involved. Maybe it's more of an indicator of the design trends in general and the surge of designer/makers and craftspeople facilitated by things like etsy, folksy, dawanda. Whatever it is, it has to be good in terms of people actually getting out and voting, whoever they decide to vote for.


2
Hand printed lino cut by Jason Krekel at HandcrankedUSA
Wooden inlay pin at Obamastuff



3
Hope silkscreen by mmsuperstuff
Photograph © Marisa Allegra Williams


Yeehaw
American Presidential Wrestling letterpress poster from YeeHaw


Just a couple of many more eloquent posts I mentioned;
Michael Johnson's Design Week/Thought For The Week article
Steven Heller

No comments: